For countless times I have chosen to lift up a pen and paper just to keep it down, empty, after an hour or so of brainstorming. My heart says - write it down once and for all and unburden your mind, let those tears flow and leave with you with no past behind.
But still, god knows why, those memories never found the right words ...maybe until now ...
The innocence in her little pranks, O my My's
Wont you come tomorrow ? asks her little eyes ..
while going home never let go of my hand
O why didn't my stupid mind didnt realize His's plan!
Adamant as she was and mischievous and all ..
Her pencil always wrote on the cold damp walls !
On a Funny day I was telling them a tale,
Of a father and mother and a naughty baby,
when silence heard my story and along came a wail,
My girl was crying for she had missed her share.
And then it dawned on me , O the Horror !
I tried my best to pacify her heart
But deep these wounds are ... they heal not so fast !!
That night thoughts thundered my brain
Promised myself I will share her pain.
Days went by and studies became her friend
and fate chose it that I went away
days still went by and memories diminished
And one fine morning when the sky was still blue
My eyes searched for her but without a tiny clue
To unveil the mystery my steps went to her house
only to meet a lock and a word that she left.
Stupid as my heart is it went in a frenzy
My twelve year old Khurki was sent to Delhi
My Twelve year old Khurki was a housemaid in Delhi.
Suffer it must and my heart paid its part,
Time was a friend and I forgot even that ...
Sometimes someday, That heart does pain a bit
maybe somewhere, someone misses it a bit
In those moments I choose a corner in my Heart,
engrave in it that No one No more ...
There will be a change, Their future will be bright
Justice will be made ... and that will be Ambarish's Light.
P.S. : Khurki was a student of My class (Nursery class) when i first came to center-2 of Kartavya.
Equally heart touching as the marathi counterpart!
ReplyDeletemarvelous one...
ReplyDeletehats off to you sir!!!!
beautiful...
ReplyDeleteSwollen heart, trembling eye-lashes and an uncertainty of speaking through eyes is all what I got. Purest of all emotions.
ReplyDeleteNo words left, my friend. Sorry, i can't comment. :(
Awesome
ReplyDelete